Cell Symposia: Neurometabolism in health and disease
April 25, 2023 - April 28, 2023
This Cell Symposium aims to bring together thought leaders within these diverse fields, provide a forum for sharing and disseminating the latest advances, and provide a common ground for cross-disciplinary discussion and collaboration between the fields to understand the role of neural regulation in organismal homeostasis and disease.
- Brain-body communication in regulating appetite and consummatory behavior
- Brain-body interaction in regulating energy balance/thermoregulation
- The gut-brain axis and neuro-immune interactions in metabolic disease
- New technologies and models for studying brain-body communication and treatments of disease
- The influence of genes and lifestyle on energy homeostasis, metabolism, and mental health